Apple Day of Action
On June 5, writers will lead an Apple Day of Action, with actions at locations across the country and on social media. Let’s send a message that Apple TV+ is nothing without writers and urge Apple to come back to the table and help end this strike.
Everyone can participate by amplifying our message on social media on Monday, June 5.
Though our proposals are reasonable, the studios would rather gamble with the livelihoods of all industry workers than pay writers fairly for the value we create. For Apple, the cost of our proposals is just $17 million per year. For comparison, Apple reported almost $400 billion in revenue last year. It’s time for Apple to get back to the table and help get writers a fair deal.
As a result of the strike, new content for Apple TV+ will be delayed. Filming on shows made for Apple TV+, including Severance and Sinking Spring, has been interrupted; Loot has also paused production for the duration of the strike. Apple TV+ already had one of the most limited streaming libraries. The service offered less than 200 hours of new WGA-covered scripted comedy and drama content last season, and Apple TV+ is alone among streamers in having virtually no library of licensed programs.
Consumers must know that without writers creating new content for the service, Apple TV+ is not worth paying for.
Actions Near You
Writers in New York, L.A., and in between, will leaflet at Apple retail locations on June 5.
- Apple Park Visitor Center
10600 N. Tantau Ave
Cupertino, CA 95014
- Tower Theatre (Flagship Store)
802 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90014
- Third Street Promenade
1415 3rd Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Bad Apple Day at TV City
7800 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Fifth Avenue (Flagship Store)
767 5th Ave
New York, NY 10153
247 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Downtown Brooklyn
123 Flatbush Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
103 Prince St
New York, NY 10012
- Center City
1607 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
5508 Walnut Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
- Mount Vernon - Carnegie Library
801 K St NW
Washington, DC 20001
WGA members can organize their own action at an Apple store by downloading and printing our leaflet.
Not sure how to get started? See our leafletting guidelines.
Tell Us Your Story
Have a horror story about working on an Apple TV+ production? Share it on social media using #BadApple and #WGAStrike.
Spread the Word
Whether or not you join an action on June 5th, use the language below to amplify our message.
- @AppleTV already has one of the most limited streaming libraries. Without writers creating new content for the service, what are subscribers paying for? It’s time for Apple to make a deal with the WGA. #WGAStrike #BadApple
- For Apple, the cost of our proposals is just $17 million per year. Last year, @Apple reported almost $400 billion in revenue. The cost of settling is reasonable, so what is Apple waiting for? #WGAStrike #BadApple
- From retail workers, to app developers, to TV and film writers, we’re all fed up with Silicon Valley’s #BadApple. @Apple it’s time to come back to the table and bring an end to the #WGAStrike.
Use the graphics below and change your profile picture for the day.